Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Server

Shouldn't be different Bone.

Both servers have been updated to 2.005.

Yak-1B included in update. Make sure to backup your input File before getting download to have your settings saved just in case.
    Version 2.005 info

Thanks Marta for getting it started.
    Tip

UK1 updated to 2.006, running PracticeSummerIV as a stop gap.
    UK2 updated also, running PracticeSummerIV and 1cTankAdvanceII as a stop gap.
    Last edited by El_Marta; 20-12-2016 at 15:06.

Both servers updated to 2.006c
    109G4 added to Practice Mission.
    Last edited by Tx_Tip; 21-12-2016 at 22:09.

thanks tip
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

UK_1 updated to v. 2.007.

110G added to Summer Practice and Tank Missions.

After a long fight with this slightly undermemorized box .235 is finally updated and is running the missions updated by Tip.

Ive got another server sat on the bench we can use, however, there seems to be reduced number of supporters of late which means if I do use it something else has to go. I cant remember what the spec is but its a dell 1950 1u server I think with 4 cores and I think 8 or 16 gig of ram.I have a bit of time off work so I will see if I can get it in the rack with an OS installed.

Whats the deal these days with BoS do we need to have registered copies of the game still to run the server or can I just grab the software from somewhere?
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    Ive got another server sat on the bench we can use, however, there seems to be reduced number of supporters of late which means if I do use it something else has to go. I cant remember what the spec is but its a dell 1950 1u server I think with 4 cores and I think 8 or 16 gig of ram.I have a bit of time off work so I will see if I can get it in the rack with an OS installed.

Whats the deal these days with BoS do we need to have registered copies of the game still to run the server or can I just grab the software from somewhere?
    Yes still need the registered copies afaik.
    We are up to date as I gifted BoM when it became official and the Keys are all activated.

I registered 2 copies but not sure how I went about it. Its ages ago now, I guess I must have 2 accounts somewhere. Ill have to have a think about the login details.

As far as I understood it, each owner of a client version can get an additional DServer account for free by just asking for it (https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...09-discussion/). I have a client and a DServer and just payed once. I use the DServer mainly for testing missions and the stats system. Perhaps you can even get multiple DServer accounts or they are generally free for game promotion purposes.

Personally I think number two server .235 with the easy settings is expendable.

P.S.: the login details are the first two lines in the startup.cfg for the client and SDS fot the server. Since we are accidantly using the same login data in the SDS of both servers and the startup.cfg is blank, I dare to conclude that DServers accounts are free, but better double check with Jason or customer support.
    Last edited by El_Marta; 07-02-2017 at 20:28.

UK_1 and UK_2 updated to v. 2.008. Both running Summer Practice with the new planes.

Thanks for saving me a job

UK_1 and UK_2 updated to v. 2.009.

Thank you.

Servers updated to v2.010 with the hotfix...

UK_1 Server updated to v2.011.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Marta View Post
    UK_1 Server updated to v2.011.
    Practice and Tank Missions updated with Spitfire for both servers.
    I'll redo a couple others with the Spit later.

UK_2 server is having problems but when finished updating just start up the dserver. Spitfire missions are already installed as mentioned above.

Number 2 alway takes a long time. I had to reinstall VC runtime on number 1.

Number 2 is up now.