Thread: FNBFs Campaign Stats.

FNBFs Campaign Stats.

In order to introduce another dynamic aspect to the Friday Night Bomber Flights "Stalingrad Campaign".
    Aircraft losses will now be tracked and updated here:

Campaign Aircraft Stats

The tracked numbers represent confirmed aircraft losses from Mission #19 "d'été", which introduced the Summer Map, through Mission #25 "Battlefront". This adds another victory condition to the Campaign. Namely one side or the other can now run out of available aircraft.

How it works for Designated Mission Aircraft...
    Players will still signup as usual for aircraft that are designated to be flown within a particular mission. The ROE will contain the initial number of these designated aircraft available.

Example A: Lagg-3 (4) Pilot Slots are available. With a total of 10 Lagg-3 aircraft alotted within the ROE for the Mission.
    5 Lagg-3s are lost from all causes during the mission.
    Using an equation of Aircraft Losses divided by 2 and rounded up.
    The Lagg-3 losses for that mission would be 3.

How it works for Undesignated Aircraft used during the Mission...

Players are now able to choose aircraft that were not designated within the Mission Signup and/or Designated Aircraft that were all lost during the Mission and a player or players decide to fly the same aircraft. These Undesignated Aircraft will not be in the ROE for the Mission. However they will be available on airfields for players to fly.

Example A: [DBS]Tx_Tip signs up for a Lagg-3 and survives a couple sorties, although in the process all of the Designated Lagg-3s were lost. [DBS]Tx_Tip then decides to fly another Lagg-3 within the Mission.
    [DBS]Tx_Tip gets shotdown and the aircraft is destroyed.
    The Lagg-3 losses would then begin to be on a 1 to 1 basis. And continue to be so until the end of the Mission.

Example B: [DBS]Tx_Tip signs up for a Lagg-3 and after RTB, decides that he and [DBS]Airdoc want to fly P-40s which were Undesignated as aircraft within the Mission Signup.
    Both P-40's are destroyed.
    The P-40 losses would be on a 1 to 1 basis.

The Initial aircraft numbers for the Campaign were taken from the yogysoft.de site here:
    Planetable .xls Download

So basically there is now an option to use additional aircraft as players see fit within the parameters of the specific mission and the Campaign itself. However with this option comes 2 caveats.
    1) Some of these aircraft are few in number and could be lost for the duration of the Campaign. Replacement aircraft come at a very high cost in manufactoring.
    2) FNBFs has always been about how results in the air dictate a very dynamic ground campaign. Briefings, Mission objectives, and the Missions themselves are created to give each side an equal opportunity for Victory.

This topic is of course open for constructive conversation. If you think having a finite amount of aircraft within the campaign is folly then say so.

I can say that the initial numbers themselves as provided by the yogysoft.de Planetable to me represent a good starting point as Mission #1 through Mission #18 have not been tallied within the results. So unless there is some over-whelming evidence that they are completely inaccurate they will stand.

Personally I think this raises the bar for coordination within the mission.
    However FNBFs started and will always strive to be an enjoyable and competitive event not only for ourselves at [DBS], but for the many excellent sim pilots who we have had the pleasure to fly with and against. Should this change become a distraction to that purpose. It will of course be rescinded.

Tip
    Last edited by Tx_Tip; 20-01-2016 at 04:43.

I take it there is no online stats we can run on our server like with IL2?
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    I take it there is no online stats we can run on our server like with IL2?
    For the FNBFs Campaign itself no. Not that I can use to accurately depict what happened from one mission to the other and create a viable next mission from the results. The where aspect of the what, when, where, why, and how is missing. Detective work is needed for the AARs.

For the servers general Dogfight Missions. Apparently so. As a couple of the other servers do put out stats. However that is way beyond my pay grade to link up what is available to a dynamic site such as they do.

Does anyone have any info on where I might get help doing this? I have created databse driven sites myself in the past, although much of what I learnt will be forgotten but if there is anyone out there that could maybe give me a few hints.....
    It would be a nice addition to one of the servers
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    Does anyone have any info on where I might get help doing this? I have created databse driven sites myself in the past, although much of what I learnt will be forgotten but if there is anyone out there that could maybe give me a few hints.....
    It would be a nice addition to one of the servers
    This app is apparently working for some of the other servers Bone.
    There a discussion Topic link there as well.

IL-2 Stats

Tip