Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: To VR or Not To VR?

im just frustrated with the hotas setup at the moment. i think i might just have a go with a spitfire
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Heads up, Dirt Rally on Steam atm for 80% off = 7.99
    Defo worth a punt, I bought it and it's very good, very slick implementation of VR.

Well VR just got cheaper on amazon http://amzn.to/2k01uhC
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

For you VR users, with the next generation of headsets on the way are any of you current generation users tempted to change your current set up to one of the up coming headsets?

https://store.steampowered.com/valveindex

https://www.oculus.com/rift-s/

Rift-s doesnt really qualify as next gen. I am still interested because I expect it will become a low budget option soon enough, and I may just buy one then while I wait for a VR set to arrive that actually want to spend serious money on.

Current sets still dont offer what I want; wide FoV, high enough pixel density and ideally foveated rendering so there may even be a chance to one day use it in DCS without 4 titan x cards. Valve index seems to be a good step in the right direction, but this one here really checks most of those boxes:
    https://youtu.be/UpPY_XNpn08?t=402

The box it doesnt check is affordability. 5000 euro or so. Ouch.
    But its shows were are getting there, maybe in a few years something similar will become affordable. Until then Ill soldier on with my flat panels, or maybe an interim set like the rift-s if the price comes down a bit further.
    Last edited by Skinny; 14-05-2019 at 11:29.

Im interested in an upgrade once I know whats what.
    I do love the rift, gliding in condor is probably the best fun I have had in years

Never heard of XTAL before I saw that link, that is what we are all hoping for...at about a quarter of the price.
    I thing Oculus have dropped the ball with the Rift S, the Index (as long as the reviews are favourable) would be a nice step up.

I think you are right about Oculus dropping the ball.