Thread: Dipping my toe back in.

Dipping my toe back in.

I haven't stopped flying, it's been FSX for a long time now, but i've been taking to the pit in WW2 fighters again recently, all SP stuff atm. After updating my old rig and buying a new 144hz monitor I'm loving the smoothness of the sims now in comparison to the jerky performance of my last rig.
    I had bought BOS a long time ago and coudln't play it for the stuttering, CLoD much the same.
    I was bought BOM with the 40% offer and have been giving that a go, I'm working through the SP campaigns and loving it.

This brings me to CloD (with the MOD), I fired this back up the other night, this is im my opinion the nicest looking WW2 sim out there, I could quite happily fly around and shoot nothing down, the maps and planes are spectacular. I hope this new deal works out with 1C and the full potential of this sim is unleashed, Olegs guys were so nearly there, the foundations are all there for this sim to be amazing.

Anyone flying WW2 fighters in MP these days on either of these 2 Sims? Might dip my toe back into a bit of MP some of these days, need a new headset though.

CloD is nice fighter wise, but as far as bombers go not so much. Too much work and unneeded complexity for it to be fun. And that comes from DBS lol.

Normandy 1944 is on the horizon, whilst IL2 BOS is better by every patch. Those two sims, until CloD starts getting new official patches out, should be your focus IMHO. Or at least that is what I'd recommend. BOS/BOM/BOK is leading the pack at the moment.
    ... my foldable "Hog Pen"

Novotny is offline Brigadier More Posts Than Postman Pat
    I'm messing about in single player BOS again with a view to getting shot up online soon

Thor, I'm shocked tbh, I thought the DBS were bout bomber complexity. Glad you guys are still kicking about.

Nov, now i've heard you're toying with the idea of MP BOS I might go back to FSX

Will duck into teamspeak soon, new headset today.

Novotny is offline Brigadier More Posts Than Postman Pat
    The only thing I've hit with any degree of accuracy so far is the map. I can put a plane practically in the mantle within 10km of any airstrip.

Kang is offline Warrant Officer More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Well, if flying isn't for you, perhaps give geology a shot! It's easy to get into the matter, usually a few metres deep. (Just kidding, of course!)