Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: What goes up ......

airdoc is offline Sergeant Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    and another LOL for football fans: Lionel Messi for IOTA.

https://www.facebook.com/leomessi/ph...686932/?type=3

"I am usually busy trying to decentralize defences and after digging deeper into Blockchain and decentralized systems, I'm excited to join SIRIN LABS as an ambassador to make blockchain more friendly with their upcoming operating system for smartphones! Check out Sirinlabs.com #Ethereum #IOTA #Bancor

- LIO"

This is nuts! You just know it's a bubble when football players start talking crypto!

Skinny is offline General More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    Ive just dug up my old Einsteinium wallet up I got excited because I though I had loads, I havent, I do have loads of coinye coin though
    Oh man, thats got to hurt. Einsteinium is being pumped through the roof:
    https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/einsteinium/
    it make bitcoins meteoric rise look like a flat line. You dont have any at all, or just not loads?

Coinye.. well, what can I say . But keep the wallet. Who knows, someone may revive the chain one day or it may become a digital collectors item. Even if its worth nothing, its a part of history.

I thought i had 23000 Ive got just over 1000 lol.
    Wouldnt know where to sell it anyhow now cyptsy has gone.
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

I thought i had 23000 Ive got just over 1000 lol.
    Wouldnt know where to sell it anyhow now cyptsy has gone.
    You can trade it at bittrex:
    https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-EMC2

Its a good exchange, but you can only trade for btc, then withdraw the btc if you want.
    Assuming its the same token, 1000 einsteinium is worth ~$2200 right now. Finding that in an old wallet would make my day.

The last 48hours has been INSANE. Omg.

Last edited by Hoodoodat; 08-12-2017 at 07:05.
    Why be normal when you can be happy?

South Korea banned btc futures. I saw a post saying that SK is moving to ban or make it very hard to buy crypto altogether. At bithumb there is a huge price dump.
    I hope it's not going to be China again and this post was a rumor. EDIT: seems to have largely recovered.
    Last edited by airdoc; 08-12-2017 at 13:11.

This is an interesting read, showing how easy it is to manipulate bitcoin and crypto in general.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-of-the-market

Quote Originally Posted by airdoc View Post
    This is an interesting read, showing how easy it is to manipulate bitcoin and crypto in general.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-of-the-market
    50% of the world wealth is owned by <1% of the people (actual individuals).

That said, its funny they think to know those 1000 addresses belong to "people". The by far largest addresses are controlled by exchanges, and their ownership is divided over 100's of 1000s of their customers. Many other of those addresses are lost forever, including most likely Satohsi's 1M address. There is just no way to know but it seems unlikely a majority of early adopters would have hung on to the majority of their stash from <$0.1 to >$100000 without taking profits, spending or profiting from their new found wealth. And frankly, I think its refreshing that most of these new millionaires who where brave and visionary enough to not sell, and are not politically connected, born in to wealth millionaires, but nerds, cryptographers and cypherpunks.

BTW, while no system is perfect, the problem of initial distribution is something I think satoshi solved rather elegantly, far better than through premined ICO's.

And finally regarding manipulating the markets; that just doesnt make sense. If I had 2 million BTC, then sure, I could crash the price on every exchange. But Id lose a ton of bitcoins, that people will be able to buy for pennies from me, and the price will rebound very quickly. So the only thing I have achieved is redistributing my wealth. You just cant profit through buying and selling on open exchanges.

So, a lot of fear right now awaiting futures tomorrow. Tremendous pressure at 14k, i think it's going to be breached.
    Another interesting day in crypto.

EDIT: wow, these 14k walls were eaten in a heartbeat. Hang in, it's going to be rough.

Now that my wallet has updated Ive only got 123 EMC2 it gets worse!
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Now that my wallet has updated Ive only got 123 EMC2 it gets worse!
    I feel for you Bone

Well they didnt cost me anything, I mined them and i did dump the bulk of them on Cryptsy before it went bust or whatever it did so easy come etc.