Thread: Amiga 500

Amiga 500

I found this set of YouTube video good fun to watch as I was an avid A500 and 1500 owner back ion the day.

https://youtu.be/TIjhV3BLUXw
    Last edited by Bone Head; 29-09-2017 at 21:24.
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

I had A500, A2000 and A1200.

One of the things I very much regret is selling all my Amiga stuff back in 1997. Two remaining Amigas, over 2000 disks, books, joysticks, two monitors etc.

Especially I regret selling that A1200, now people pay a lot of money for them on auctions as 1200 was the model they only manufactured for a short time and it had the AGA chipset.

I now run (when I feel nostalgic) WinUAE Amiga emulator and I have a lot of stuff for it. Yes, games and demos work OK with it, but it is not quite the same as doing it with a real Amiga computer.

airdoc is offline Sergeant Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    I also owned an Amiga 500 with the 1083s monitor. I remember playing Shadow of the Beast and F-18 interceptor.
    They are still in their boxes in my cellar.

Good to see more old farts getting nostalgic not just me

Ive not tried the emulator for ages, I tried it before but it didnt quite work right I seem to recall.

I installed windows 3.11 for workgroups on a virtual machine just to show my son how hard we had it back in the early days!.
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Some games/demos seem to work just fine with the emulator, some don't. Also it is always a bit laggy. In order to make it run completely smooth like real Amiga, you need to adjust your gfx card resolution settings and make it run on 50Hz.

i used to own an A500 then upgraded to a A2500 which cost a small fortune and also bought an external hdd which was way overpriced back then. Had great fun in them days before i switched to the pc.

Quote Originally Posted by airdoc View Post
    I also owned an Amiga 500 with the 1083s monitor. I remember playing Shadow of the Beast and F-18 interceptor.
    They are still in their boxes in my cellar.
    F18 Interceptor was my first ever sim iirc.

ah, those memories
    had A500 and my first "proper" sims were F-15 Strike Eagle, F29 Retaliator and A-10 Tank Killer.