Thread: Bodenplatte!

Bladebender is offline Warrant Officer More Posts Than Postman Pat

Bodenplatte!

Hi folks.

The next release for IL-2 Stumovik has been anounced.

https://il2sturmovik.com/news/

Have a good weekend.

BB.

Pretty big news for the series! I was expecting one major title announcement but instead we got three. I'm absolutely excited to fly the Tempest again. I had so much fun flying that fighter on the Battlefields servers over the years in various scenarios we dreamed up. It was great and I'm glad its going to be back!

I've written up full details on the updates right here: http://www.battle-fields.com/2017/11...rew-announced/
    "I used to be Ice but it's just too cold outside so call me Shamrock and hope it's a lucky call sign."

Man this is a dream come true. Sick and tired of waiting for DCS to get to gripes with its DM and other problems, no matter how much I like the FM and graphics...

And then the Tempest! Midway was a great choice for them, but perhaps a bit too much work to do all things considering carrier ops etc. Finally a new late war ETO sim on the horizon.

When does the pre-order start? I have that "shut up and take my money" feeling...
    ... my foldable "Hog Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by T}{OR View Post
    Man this is a dream come true. Sick and tired of waiting for DCS to get to gripes with its DM and other problems, no matter how much I like the FM and graphics...

And then the Tempest! Midway was a great choice for them, but perhaps a bit too much work to do all things considering carrier ops etc. Finally a new late war ETO sim on the horizon.

When does the pre-order start? I have that "shut up and take my money" feeling...
    DCS' trouble is that they are not focused. They do top-tier work but when it comes to something like WWII you need focus. IL-2 may not have quite all of the fidelity but they are close enough and they have been focused and deliberate with their aircraft choices.

Tempest! I'm so excited about that!

You can already do the pre-order right now: https://il2sturmovik.com/store/battle-of-bodenplatte/

I need to wait for some money stuff to pass through (times remain tight) but when I do have an opportunity I'll be plunking down some more cash on this franchise. Bodenplatte sounds amazing! Early access will begin in the spring so it won't be for a few more months before we see the first content dropping. Probably the Bf109s or the Spitfires first as those will be the easiest for them to do.
    Last edited by ShamrockOneFive; 19-11-2017 at 15:15.
    "I used to be Ice but it's just too cold outside so call me Shamrock and hope it's a lucky call sign."

Great! I had some extra expenses this month, it will have to wait for the next paycheck to come in.

All aboard the hype train.

Quote Originally Posted by T}{OR View Post
    Great! I had some extra expenses this month, it will have to wait for the next paycheck to come in.

All aboard the hype train.
    Same here! Have to wait a bit before doing my pre-order but I am very excited by the lineup and I'm riding the hype train

I DID spring for the two new Collector Planes as I'm pretty excited to fly those.

This announcement is great news, the plane set for Bodenplatte makes me grin with delight. I get the feeling this is going to be a real money maker for them.

Jason and his team are doing a great job.

I have to say I'm as excited about the Flying Circus, or should I say flying VR in WWI aircraft, I was hoping someone would be able to make RoF work in VR, that hasn't (to my knowledge) happened yet. Bring it on!!

Couple of questions now..

1. How long does the pre order price on the planes last? (just spent a fortune this week on xmas presents)

2. How do I get the missus to buy me Bodenplatte instead of a new sweater for Xmas?

Quote Originally Posted by vapour View Post
    This announcement is great news, the plane set for Bodenplatte makes me grin with delight. I get the feeling this is going to be a real money maker for them.

Jason and his team are doing a great job.

I have to say I'm as excited about the Flying Circus, or should I say flying VR in WWI aircraft, I was hoping someone would be able to make RoF work in VR, that hasn't (to my knowledge) happened yet. Bring it on!!

Couple of questions now..

1. How long does the pre order price on the planes last? (just spent a fortune this week on xmas presents)

2. How do I get the missus to buy me Bodenplatte instead of a new sweater for Xmas?
    I can't answer your second question but I can on the first one. If we use IL-2: Battle of Kuban and IL-2: Battle of Moscow as a guide... pre-order/early access pricing will continue until the product releases. IL-2: Battle of Kuban has been available for pre-order since late 2016 and during that whole time the product had a $10 discount for pre-order/early access. It will go up to full price probably when 3.001 comes out at the end of December and Kuban is officially released.

I'm holding off for a bit on the pre-order myself for similar reasons. Will definitely be going for that but there isn't a rush to jump in just yet if you have other priorities.

Decided I will wait for the Bodenplatte preorder, got the two collector planes instead! G6 and FN will soon join the rest of the 777 WW2 collection.

Nice! I got those too. I figure a few dollars off is worth it right now

Probably once the new year rolls around I'll do the BoBp pre-order.