Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Condor V2 soaring sim is out

now that looks good!

Im nearly done with all the stuff with work, hopefully in December I will have time to play again! it would be good to share a thermal or two!
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Would be great in VR!
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

now that looks good!

Im nearly done with all the stuff with work, hopefully in December I will have time to play again! it would be good to share a thermal or two!

Condor 2.0.5 is out with support for VR:
    http://www.condorsoaring.com/news/

Its developed for Oculus Rift, but it has been confirmed to work with Revive for any vive users out there.

So how good is it?

Havent tried it myself, but everyone who has, is super enthusiastic.
    hardware requirements are also low, even a 1050Ti seems to work fine.
    No support for touch controllers or clickable cockpit (yet) but gliders dont need that many button assignments, so a hotas is plenty.

Here is a video of the VR mirror, although it is on a terribly ugly satellite map scenery and for some reason, its choppy (which its not in VR from all accounts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H23I...ature=youtu.be

Would it be worth having a B-F server for this sim or is it well catered for?

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    Would it be worth having a B-F server for this sim or is it well catered for?
    There is no shortage of servers, though there arent many with good task setting and for periodic competitions there is sometimes a need to have a few servers dedicated to the competition, like every Thursday at x hours for 8 weeks.

Managing servers is a bit tricky, windows GUI only and with a third party management utility to rotate/start tasks. And you need to manage planes and sceneries as they come out (dont need to install full sceneries though, just a few small files for each one).

I dont think its gonna draw crowds, people generally dont care what server they are on, just that there is one with a good task and enough pilots.

sounds a bit complicated.
    Ive got spare hardware if you fancy giving it a go?

sounds a bit complicated.
    Ive got spare hardware if you fancy giving it a go?
    Sure, why not? Sent you a small donation since I dont feel well using a server without contributing.
    I was also going to donate you a condor license, but I messed up and somehow ended up buying 25 licenses. No joke. 1500 euro. I think autocomplete form messed up badly. Trying to get a refund for that first .

Haha! LOL thats mad

Ill work on getting a server sorted and get the details to you.

Does it need a fancy graphics card or will a rack server do?

Does it need a fancy graphics card or will a rack server do?
    For the server, it doesnt need any graphics.

Sent you a PM in case you want to give condor a try. You can use the same installer to install on the server, just no need to register it.

Seems like the release of VR support has helped in making this sim more popular. Yesterdays daily tchintchin race had 57 participants, too much even to fit on the results table and its becoming a little problematic that the tow procedure takes such a long time. Ive started live streaming my races on youtube if anyone is interested, though its mostly for other participants who crash or land out so they can still follow the race as there is no spectator mode in condor. Here is last night:

I started late, crossed the start line at around 48 minutes and fumbled my way in to a mediocre 15th place.

Bone, if you want to join tonight, same time (17:30 CEST, 18:30 UK time), but you will need Big Elba scenery. Im uploading it to my google drive, Ill send you a link.

I got called out for work in afraid. In in Birmingham.
    It really is easier to fly in vr. It's very impressive. I did get a bit of motion sickness but that's because I haven't used the credit for a while.
    I tried flying without the goggles and it's much prettier but the sim is awesome with them on

VR users complain about motion sickness especially when the weather and/or thermal settings are set to more than low turbulence.

One trick that seems to help for some is adjusting the "auto view panning" slider in the options. This slider determines if your viewport is locked more to the plane (and thus the scenery sways in turbulence) or more to the scenery (and its the cockpit doing the moving). But neither will fully solve it I think, for that you would need a motion simulator. There is actually one that supports condor out of the box:

https://www.yawvr.com/

But it doesnt look particularly comfy and I havent heard of anyone using it.

edit: this looks even better:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tion-simulator
    Last edited by Skinny; 07-01-2019 at 12:20.

what a cool idea
    I wonder if they are bucket shaped to catch the puke?

Im back home now but probably too late to get started I guess

that was an impressive fast finish Skinny