Thread: Any Artists?

Any Artists?

So does anyone fancy making a front page image for the new website im working on?

https://www.oldgitsgaming.com/
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Nice editorial.

Thanks. my plan will probably to lock these forums at some point and start using the ones on that site but im not 100% yet. Im just making stuff up as I go along. Does the DBS have a website at all?
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Skinny is offline General More Posts Than Postman Pat
    I liked the graphic you showed me earlier, with the noob thing!

As for locking these forums; if you dont migrate current users over, I fear there is a good chance only a handful of existing users will register on the new site and Im not quite sure where "new blood" will be coming from. For sure it wont look very inviting for millennials or younger

we need old blood anyhow People dont visit here much anyhow or at least contribute.
    So who knows. It was more a celebration of us old gits who still play games. These forums are a bit over kill for what we need now but I dont really want to wipe them.

I would suggest keeping/ using the old address "battle-fields.com" and call the forum "old gitsgaming". Maybe it might be possible to use both names to lead to the same forums. As much as I sympathise with the oldgits idea, I also share Skinny's concern about loosing the clientel accustumed to the well establisshed trademark of "battle-fields.com".
    Last edited by El_Marta; 13-01-2019 at 00:53.

Im not intent on alienating anyone, the servers are going to remain under the battle-fields umbrella it just seems that things need trimming back somewhat in the forum department.
    The forum has had a grand total of 4 member views and 3 of us have posted.
    The idea of the other site was to run as a test bed for a future incarnation of B-F but then I thought well why not old gits? Any idea what age teh guys at DBS are? The majority of the pilots never venture outside the DBS thread anyhow.

Im not convinced though that the forum on the old gits site is any good, this is fairly easy to browse. Time will tell.

The guys I used to play with were generally older, the IL2 crowd were more mature i think. We did used to have a couple of our sons play against and with us in the past it was all very light hearted. I just thought the old gits thing might draw some people with similar interests out of the woodwork.

Anyhow, just random thougths, i have much work to do on the servers anyhow first