Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Give Condor Sim VR a try (free trial) + getting started in condor

Skinny is offline General More Posts Than Postman Pat
    21:30 UTC there is a refly of yesterdays Low and Slow task. too late for me, and I already flew it, but its a relatively easy task, be sure to have Task Helpers mapped to see the TP windows. Briefing:

Low & Slow Day 7 briefing

After a few tough challenges, today we can have a little fun with a fast, quirky task that has some Red Bull Challenge DNA in it.

The Alpine glaciers are melting, so lets go have a close look before they are gone.

The first 2 legs allow you to gain altitude. Thermals are strong, the wind is fairly strong and there could be wave.

When you get to the Mt Blanc, there is a maze of turn points that will force you to fly low over two north facing Mt Blanc glaciers, then follow a third one down steeply on the lee side of the Mt Blanc.

15m class
    20 minute join time
    1m warmup
    5 minute start window

servername: BF Low and Slow Day 7 Late

Given the high altitude and roller coaster descent, I enabled plane recovery this time.
    Last edited by Skinny; 26-03-2019 at 20:52.

BTW you find the BF servers now under the "Midnight Oil" section:
    http://www.condorsoaring.com/serverl...t_search=cndr2

After waiting 2 months to get listed, the website admin misunderstood my mail and Ill probably need to wait another 2 months to get the name fixed.

Never made it as I didnt see this until this morning

Work have now given me something to do for the rest of the week, most of it spent in taxis
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Is there a place i can download the scenery i dont have?
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

You can download them all on condor club, I just gave you a subscription there (assuming Bone UK9 is you).
    Go to sceneries / scenery details /
    and select the one you want from the dropdown list.

I crashed just after I spoke to you. Work rang to call me out and I was trying to find the phone wearing the VR headset

This evening there is TchinTchin race at 17:30 CET (16:30 UTC)
    and Low and Slow competition flight at 20:30 CET (19:30 UTC)

Both use Arc Alpin scenery, and I will probably fly both.

Right Im home for a day or two Ive been looking at the upcoming competitions and I will probably be away for the main even but might be able to make the practice. With work being so mad who knows (we are missing 5 airframes manufactured by a certain American manufacturer you can probably work out what and why) when I will get time off.

Which maps should I download first?

Ive got
    AA2Cascade Range (2.0)
    France sudC2 (1.0)
    Slovenia (1.0)
    Yunan (1.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Head View Post
    AA2Cascade Range (2.0)
    I assume you missed a line break there, and you have both AA (Arc Alpin 2) and cascade range?
    If so, I guess it depends what competition(s) you plan to fly in; the competitions usually list the sceneries they will use, but I would still get Matamata (new zealand northern island).

Quick recap;
    every day there is tchintchin at 17:30 CEST (16:30 UK time I think. Those are single race events, usually not very hard, they can use any scenery but AA2 is most frequently used. Those are really busy, 30-50 players usually.

Condor Cafe does something similar, multiple times per day:
    08h00 Le cafe du matin
    13h30 Le pousse cafe
    17h30 Le cafe creme
    20h30 Le decafeine

(all CEST time)

Comparable to TchinTchin, less popular, usually arcade/easy/fast tasks, but still good for ~10-15 players. Most of them French pensioners.

Multi race competitions tend to use harder, longer and more realistic tasks, later in the evening, you can check the calendar:
    https://www.condor-club.eu/planning/220/

Most competitions allow you to just fly along single races without registering and dont require a password, but its a good idea to just click the register button next to competitions you are interested in.

FWIW, I plan to fly TchinTchin this evening. Tomorrow I will either fly Low and Slow or Condor GP.
    Last edited by Skinny; 02-04-2019 at 09:51.

Im off to try the early morning one if i can find it

Im struggling to find the condor cafe servers.

it only launches at 8 am CEST and may take a few minutes to show up on the list,

It was a few minutes late:

Probably a bigger problem is that it uses Pumalin Park, which you probably dont have installed. You can grab it here:
    https://www.condor-club.eu/viewscenery/242/?id=304

if you are really fast or for another time.