Thread: New joystick and mount

New joystick and mount

My Warthog gimbal was showing its age so I decided to upgrade. Actually managed to swoop on the Virpil December restock and got a WarBRD base and Mongoose CM grip. These things are like unicorn tears to actually get hold of, but it's an awesome bit of kit. Takes me back to my modded Cougar days...

Anyway, sketched out a mounting platform to fix to my existing mdf chair, a colleague drew it up in CAD and got some alone time with a big CNC machine at work...

https://flic.kr/p/2d7oEd8
    https://flic.kr/p/2dp8BdC

Nice looking stick, is the MDF rigid enough for the forces?

Nice one! What you going to fly with it?
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Nice job and great looking stick.

I cant wait for those forcefeedback patents to expire over the next years so hopefully we will see a reemergence of FFB sticks in similar form factors as yours.

It's rock solid! Even though it's not actually fixed to the front of the chair - it slots on so can be removed if I ever get my wheel out again. I've changed the gimbal to the heavy springs and 'no center' cams as well.

Currently flying all manner of Dcs modules and a bit of Bos. This thing is so precise - air to air refueling the F18 fully on the first attempt (previously it was engaged pre contact engaged pre contact....) and hover control in the Huey is a joy.
    Last edited by KaiserB_uk; 31-01-2019 at 22:35.

I was chatting to a work colleague the other day who has just gone VR. He flys DCS F18 (and hopefully condor soon ) he says refueling is so much easier with a headset!
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING