Thread: DC's server

DC's server

I'm just in the process of repurposing one of the servers and hopefully we will have a dcs machine before too long.
    System_m has agreed to see if he can make it work.
    Spread the word.
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Bit of a snag. It seems that the server software might not actually work on a server machine as it requires a gpu im investigating. Anyone who has any knowledge or contacts please feel free to talk up
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Spent 2 days on this but I think I am getting somewhere. Its just a pity im going away for 6 days with work and cant progress it any further. I have got a server up though but not sure what its running.

I need some missions on the server by the look of it.

System a job for you maybe? Can you find out how I can change the user as it is autostarting with my account. I do have a battle fields account i can use if I can work out how to change the account it uses. Must be a config file somewhere/

A bit of googling suggest you dont need a GPU, you need to start it with --server --norender --force_disable_VR options.
    I also read you need to install a virtual audio card (assuming you dont have a real one)

Yeah id seen that, you need a graphics card that can cope with dx11.
    My issue was getting the gpu recognised in the virtualisation software. I really should keep notes, after all i did something similar when i set the condor server up. Anyhow its running but needs a mission or two on it.

Skinny do you have DCS?
    I can work out how to get a mission showing in the web gui for the dedicated server. Im thinking I might have to spend some money to buy something.

I have the free version installed and over the past few years combined maybe 20 minutes experience with it. So, yes, but no, not really.
    I used to have inadequate hardware. I do now, but I guess Im just not in to reading manuals.

I may give it another shot once the gliding seasons begins, and thus the condor season winds down.

But I may know someone if you need help or advice. One of the new condor pilots is a full time flight sim freak. The kind with triple beamers and 737 replica panels. He flies or at least flew DCS a lot.

Im just back after a week away with work.

The issue im having is I dont know how to actually get a map to show up in the web gui on the server. So i cant select a map to run. It may mean I have to buy maps for the server but im not sure. I am running it on its own account.

oh hang on i might be getting somewhere

sorry bone just seen this. I'm all facebook now rather than forums my phone and work lappy block the forums so i have to log onto my computer to see it. hit me up on that good old facebook if you need me.

OK
    The server works but it seems to crash from time to time. not sure how long or why yet.