Thread: DC's server

DC's server

I'm just in the process of repurposing one of the servers and hopefully we will have a dcs machine before too long.
    System_m has agreed to see if he can make it work.
    Spread the word.
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Bit of a snag. It seems that the server software might not actually work on a server machine as it requires a gpu im investigating. Anyone who has any knowledge or contacts please feel free to talk up
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Spent 2 days on this but I think I am getting somewhere. Its just a pity im going away for 6 days with work and cant progress it any further. I have got a server up though but not sure what its running.

I need some missions on the server by the look of it.

System a job for you maybe? Can you find out how I can change the user as it is autostarting with my account. I do have a battle fields account i can use if I can work out how to change the account it uses. Must be a config file somewhere/

A bit of googling suggest you dont need a GPU, you need to start it with --server --norender --force_disable_VR options.
    I also read you need to install a virtual audio card (assuming you dont have a real one)

Yeah id seen that, you need a graphics card that can cope with dx11.
    My issue was getting the gpu recognised in the virtualisation software. I really should keep notes, after all i did something similar when i set the condor server up. Anyhow its running but needs a mission or two on it.

Skinny do you have DCS?
    I can work out how to get a mission showing in the web gui for the dedicated server. Im thinking I might have to spend some money to buy something.

I have the free version installed and over the past few years combined maybe 20 minutes experience with it. So, yes, but no, not really.
    I used to have inadequate hardware. I do now, but I guess Im just not in to reading manuals.

I may give it another shot once the gliding seasons begins, and thus the condor season winds down.

But I may know someone if you need help or advice. One of the new condor pilots is a full time flight sim freak. The kind with triple beamers and 737 replica panels. He flies or at least flew DCS a lot.