Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open Beta Dedicated Server

Open Beta Dedicated Server

I think.
    if you are running beta try battle-fields.com in the search. IP 195.89.36.11
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

The server runs for a while then seems to pack in. Not sure why or at which stage it quits. Ill take a look again when im back home.
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

I think the packing in is due to the mission ending. Few things need tweaking from when me and kaiser went in yesterday.

we had trouble picking flight slots and got a message saying "your flight is delayed please wait..." this is something to do with the mission time against start time for your aircraft. Do you know what mission you are using as then we can have a look at it.

Also for it not appearing in the list is due to the UCP ports not being open? or not set to public.

if you want i can try and login and have a look?

Thanks for the input system. I realise you prefer Faceache but if we post stuff in here I can find it again
    Im happy to give you the user and pass for the server. If I can catch up with you then I will talk you through it.

I just grabbed this I think: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3302008/

Understood re forum and Facebook. Drop me a pm on here and Iíll try and have a look. Iíll have a look at the mission too itvall seemed to run ok bar the aircraft which I think I can fix in the editor. Well done on getting it working.

I wonder to get the server a bit of life we plan a dcs evening, (this also gets me around a leave pass from Mrs System) we can then do group things like the black shark days...

Was good to have a little mess around sesh. What I will do over a few evenings when Mrs system and mini me allow me to is use the mission you have Bone and tweak it to more of our liking. Iíll try and have 4-5 of each aircraft available and remove some clutter add some targets etc and then to keep it interesting some triggers that scramble fighter aircraft at us. That template has it all there that makes my life easier and it has day, night and adverse conditions too.

All new to us but we will get there!

Quote Originally Posted by System-M- View Post
    I wonder to get the server a bit of life we plan a dcs evening, (this also gets me around a leave pass from Mrs System) we can then do group things like the black shark days...
    What would we need in order to join? I currently only have the free scenery and planes and no clue how to fly them. I assume I would need to get a clue but what about planes/sceneries?

All you need to do is download DCS world.
    The map that is running has the free aircraft on it. So you can crash for free, I think.

I have just rebooted the server again. It seems a bit 'crashy' I demonstrated my helicopter flying skills on it late last night. But that is a paid for aircraft I have had for a few years.

Fixed it. It was the second NIC causing problems

Managed to connect after i had downloaded the 17GB update :-) Really need to try this out and learn how to fly and fight the planes.

Server visible in the browser

Good news! and Kaiser I managed to fly to the red smoke in a gunship huey. Pity I didnt know how to shoot back. I died a glorious death though!

Good to see you back Fox

Well unless someone else restarted it the DCS server is still running! Fingers crossed it stays this way.

Anyone else fancy some DCS fun?

Oh hang on I just looked at the web page it was paused LOL well its running again now

I patched my DCS, but its not starting up.
    I think its my machine/ windows which needs a reinstall, as Im having this problem with some other apps and games as well. Not looking forward to reinstalling everything, so Im going to do what I do best, and procrastinate for a few weeks...

bit out of my depth on the mission editing but i have given it a go I think some of the player slots were set as AI hence our issues spawning. Moved some F14's and AV8s off the carriers to a land base to mix it up a bit. Added some aircraft targets to an airfield as static objects to see what that does. did that to the night, rain and fog. Changed the map to Autumn rather than winter with all the snow. Will upload them to the server now and see what we can do another evening please let me know if it works ill label them with an added a at the end

I got DCS up and running again, on a fresh temporary windows (waiting for new M2 SSd to do actual reinstall). But I didnt notice I needed the beta version, so Ill be trying the tutorials first and figure out how to map 4587943 keybindings on to my FFB2 stick.

About frame rates, what framerate should I be aiming for in single player / me alone flights? Im getting 150+ FPS with my current settings (6 core ryzen + 1070, using single HD screen), can I crank up visuals or will this crater when flying online?

I really dont know, I never bother with technical stuff, for me it either works or ti doesnt Your FPS sounds OK to me though.

Im still away with work but should be home next week for a few days . Ill try and catch up then.