Thread: Ive got the F14

Ive got the F14

and the persian gulf map although I havent had time to try either
    If someone want to take me for a drive round let me know.
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Skinny is offline General More Posts Than Postman Pat
    You can always jump in my backseat. Ill be available this evening, ping me on discord perhaps?

Since you dont know anything yet, be advised on a server where we cold start, you should wait until after jester set up the INS alignment and turned on the radar. Takes a few minutes. If you want to learn what to do, there is soooo much to learn.

RIO cockpit tour (1 hour lol):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUp1ygiGb9Y

Cold start from rio seat:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRgj_rSQ8iA

The full RIO radar tutorial is 90 minutes long, I dont even dare post the link lol, but if you watch nothing else, consider this so you can help with IFF:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obAxSvO1qzo

I have my hands full learning how to fly the tomcat, but the backseat, that requires dedication

Hi Skinny, sorry i had to quit last night but im not feeling 100% and needed some sleep.
    Ill watch the videos if i get time today
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

I watched the 59 minute video with the guy spouting about what all the knobs and switches do (even the ones that arent modled which I though was a waste of my life!) im still no wiser but ill keep trying!

i need a profile for my x56 but cant find one

Dont think anyone published a profile for the RIO. But this may be useful especially since he also has an X56:

47 buttons and modifiers, and its still not enough
    Last edited by Skinny; 03-05-2019 at 14:48.

ive been practicing on the server with Kaiser just now

How's the F-14? and how's training coming along?

Would love to buy this but just don't have the time to get anywhere near the best from it.

Are you using your Rift for this and if so how is it for making out the gauges etc? I know I found it too difficult toy make out the MFDs in the A-10.

It seems OK I havent had much time with it to be honest though. I did manage a carrie landing (witnessed by Kaiser) and I have hampered Skinny by sitting in the back and turning things off.

Its good fun and your name has been mentioned, so now you are here get in touch with Kaiser and lets have an evening of mayhem. You can use any aircraft on our server.

Im just about to head off an have a go in a 737 Skinny but thanks for the link!

F14 is my first DCS plane, so its kinda hard for me to compare. I think its visually stunning, cockpit looks fantastic and the manual has more pages than I remember reading at uni. Its a complicated beast, particularly the RIO position. The AI rio has some quirks, but works pretty well overall. Flight characteristics of the F14 are more... interesting than I had expected. It does really weird things at high AoA, but it feels like it might actually be realistic. Then again, what do I know?

From what I read from others, its more difficult, both to fly, and to operate than the F18. No fly by wire, antiquated HUD (can you believe it doesnt even show airspeed. Or altitude?). But its fast and has rather uber phoenix missiles that allow even me to get some kills

Oh and it has ACLS, automatic carrier landing system. So even I can land it on a carrier- sometimes when my force feedback stick doesnt kick me out of autopilot. Without automated help, others say its easy to land. Might be true. All i know is I did a perfect 3 wire landing on my very first flight, without having the faintest clue how I was supposed to land it, and I dont think ever done one since I began with tutorials telling me I need to be on speed and this AoA and care about balls and glide slopes and stuff