Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Time to Shut Up Shop

Oh i cant do not simple, i dont have enough time
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

WhiteSnake is offline Sergeant Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by remer1957 View Post
    There's a lot of old players in the new sim (BoS) it's quite different from the old though.
    Is there a kind of Lobby for it? and a Voice Com (Team Speak) server? not one where everyone in the game can just join? because i hated that of some other games, that some rude/foul mouthing idiot just annoys everyone.

Hyperlobby seems pretty dead these day, i checked in there the other day... so i guess buying IL2-1946 from GOG.com wont bring me much joy anymore.

I am just worried i get really disapointed if i buy BoS and its not like the old days flying and chatting together... i would really miss that

When you get the game and start it up, multiplayer is one of the options, click on that and you'll see the server list, double click on one of those and you'll join it. It's kinda like the Ubisoft room in the old old days of 1946, if you remember that. Squads and servers have their own TS/Discord, then there are others open to all-public-TS which I don't frequent. There's up to 80 players at a time on the servers, which vary in their levels of 'real', from some with all icons to others with realistic navigation and visuals. I quite like the more real ones, they're more immersive. Probably best to have a look at the many YouTube videos.

Liked IL2-1946 on the BF server realistic but with external cams to look around.

I probably grab the game than wen i goes on sale cheap enough from Steam the next time.

Hope to see some familiar names than online

Hi there hope you are well.
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Not really, got the Corona virus but not doing to bad.

Trying to install IL2-1946 again on my new rig to see if i can get it to accept the controls normal and not change them to a japan keyboard layout in the game.
    I am pretty bored and want to give it one more try.

Ouch, I hope you get through it OK, good luck

Thumbs up

Should be fine, its not getting worse, but also not improving which sucks.
    Gets pretty boring if your stuck at home all by your self.

I just installed il2-1946 again from the Original DVD
    Just downloaded all the Patches for IL2-1946 up to 4.14.1. and am gonna install those later tonight or tomorrow.

GOG version of the game is already patched to version 4.13.4 but seems you can not install 4.14(.1) on the GOG version.

Red face

Seems to be working fine so far.

Installed IL2-1946, than droped the No-DVD patch in, started patching the game with the 4.07m to 4.12.2m patch, edited the conf.ini, than Patch 4.13m 4.13.1m, 4.13.2m, 4.13.3m and 4.13.4m, afther that i first tried to install the 4.13.4m to 4.14.1m patch but after that clicking the il2fb.exe did nothing at all, luckly i made a copy of the 4.13.4 install, so i than tried to first install 4.14m and after that the 4.14.1m patch and it did start.

No mods installed, tweaked the conf.ini and Radeon settings and it looks better than i remembered in 1080p.

Mod packs only suport 4.12.2m it seems, so i might try that later on.

Edit:
    Played it online for a few hours now and all works great, not nearly as fun as it was with you guys on the BFs servers though.
    Last edited by WhiteSnake; 06-04-2020 at 19:31.

Get well soon