Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time to Shut Up Shop

Elmer Fudd is offline Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasco View Post
    BTZ Tasco
    I'd totally forgotten that our original tag was {BTZ} in the early days before we changed to [BFs]

Ahh the days when admining was done by rcon commands and steam didnt even exist.

I'm playing Apex Legends and Remnant From The Ashes atm

I've updated my profile email address from an old gmail one
    Notifications to the old email address should have forwarded to my current email except they were going into spam before that could happen so I wasn't getting notifications of pms

I just replied to a pm from Shedevil
    She sent it in 2008.... oops only 11 years late.

{BTZ}Elmer

Wasnt she the one who went to the big LAN at stioke?
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

Mysticpuma2004 is offline Sergeant Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Sad to hear this but do understand the reasoning behind the decision. Really enjoyed being here, sadly I just haven't had as much time to invest as I used to, jobs change, circumsyances change but just wanted to say that during it's heyday this was one of the best groups I have ever been part of.
    See you in the virtual skies elsewhere, cheers, Mysticpuma

Mysticpuma2004 is offline Sergeant Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Not sure if there is any intrest still in flight sims but here is some video of WiP on the new Tobruk/North Africa map by Team Fusion Simulations, really nice footage showing the new TFS Tobruk map with updated texture and relief.

https://youtu.be/crcw_-KmkU0

Maybe a new home for some?

Cheers, Mysticpuma

Eh? There are loads of us in the il2 Battle of Stalingrad sim. Just last night on a DBS mission there were 20+ flying just on the red side. There were 12-14 il2s attacking targets together.🙂

There are plenty of people flying on the server just no one using this website so no point flogging a dead horse
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Derk Gently is offline Warrant Officer More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Was sad to see the forum was shutting down. Spent many many formative years on here and BF was the first server I ever played on online. Thanks for all the memories and sorry for all the swearing (although that hasnít changed 18 years on)!

Derk Gently is offline Warrant Officer More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmer Fudd View Post
    Hello all

I had just started playing Counterstrike three weeks before. It would have been v1.1 back in the days before voice coms where you had to type everything you wanted to say and a ping below 150 was great. I went to my first lan, Oxlan ran by Andy (Fizzer). I commented to him how much more fun it was playing at the lan rather than online, I had been joining random CS servers at that point picking whichever one had the lowest ping and had no knowledge of clan servers, he pointed me in the direction of the Battlefields server. Quite a few of the people who went to Oxlan were also Battle-fields or Cult server regulars.

I ended up having years of evenings and weekends of fun with a great community and meeting a lot of you at the Oxlan and Battle-field lans.

I did have a trawl earlier this year through old hard drives trying to find the pictures I took at the lans, particularly the ones from the link below at the 2003 Stoke lan, but unfortunately canít find them. They were hosted by my isp at the time Freeserve, and the links did stay active for years after I left them but are now no more.

http://www.battle-fields.com/commsce...3-BF-Stoke-LAN

I do wonder how many of the people from the counterstrike era BF community, many of whom were teenagers back then are still gaming.

Thanks to Bonehead and all the rest of you who helped make the community.

Good times.
    Alpoc and Varms were my school friends that I brought onto the server. Still Facebook friends and both doing well.

Elmer Fudd is offline Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Quote Originally Posted by Derk Gently View Post
    Alpoc and Varms were my school friends that I brought onto the server. Still Facebook friends and both doing well.
    Are they still gaming at all?

Is Reapo still around?

Last time I was in contact with Reap0 would've been around 2009 and I think he was the bar manager at the Atlantic bar up around South Shields I think it was

Hello and thank you everybody for the good times and people I've met here in the past 13 years, and all the time I've enjoyed wasting with you lot on the servers - it will always be remembered! A special thanks to Bone Head to look after everything and greetings from frettch3n who brought me here, I met him a couple of weeks ago on another friends' funeral, he called himself 'andthefish' and flew with us sometimes on UKD2 maybe someone still remembers him from back in 2006.

I do remember him. Sad news, as always.

Good old times... Many, many, many wonderful gaming nights we had....
    Now mainly playing HLL and RO2 Vietnam. But I was hoping to get my wings back.
    Thanks for everything Bone, BtW one of my students/colleaque is now (I think) workin in Dundee as an ATCO.
    Life is like a radar vector, You never know what you're gonna get

Hi Lev
    I dont get to Dundee these days its not long enough for the 73
    Ill be visiting Katila no doubt this winter though maybe rovaneimi

Good day gentlemen.

It has been such a long time since I remember coming here multiple times a day to shitpost and have a laugh.
    As all things things must come to an end I find myself reminiscing of all the fond memories I had growing up with this gaggle of wonderful tossers. I don't think I could have asked for a better group of people to go through roughly the decade I was active here.

As with everything the journey is more important than the destination and I have met some really wonderful people throughout the years coming here. Don't silence the banter.

Best regards,
    FlyingFinn

P.S. Smurfy's still a buggering muppet

Ill maybe set up a little cornier on the internet so we can let people know whos died next

Like so many have said I'll be sad to see it go. I don't visit all that often but when I do it's like coming home. I met the BTZ guys on DF1 and just knew from the start they were my kind of gamers. It was never about the winning (probably just as well) it was the team and having fun.

I've met a good few people from the forums over the years and it's always been a honour.

There are so many people I remember from here that deserve a mention for putting up with my evil admin tantrums (there were a few) but I'm only going to mention one........ Bonehead. Without him none of this would have happened and it certainly wouldn't have lasted so long. Adi you are most definitely a very fine fellow indeed.

{BTZ} Bert
    If scripting is part of the game it must be in the manual, right??

Aww bless you
    Its amazing how many of the old guys call by from time to time
    Hope you are well matey

I even got a message from Veta the other day LOL