Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Time to Shut Up Shop

Aleksa is offline Warrant Officer More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Nice post FlyingFinn. For a moment i find myself looking for a Like button.

I think thats part of the problem forums have been replaced with Facebook. People dont have time to type a these days
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Follow this Link to our Amazon Store

DONATE TO KEEP B-F SERVERS GOING

End of an era.
    Thanks, Bone, for all the hard work, passion and dedication you poured into this community.
    It will always be appreciated.

Buckaroo13 (Former BF)

Thanks, its been a pleasure, mostly!
    Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a tea cosey, doesn't put it on his head
    If you are going to buy online why not do it and help B-F keep going at the same time!

Errrr

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFinn View Post
    Good day gentlemen.

It has been such a long time since I remember coming here multiple times a day to shitpost and have a laugh.
    As all things things must come to an end I find myself reminiscing of all the fond memories I had growing up with this gaggle of wonderful tossers. I don't think I could have asked for a better group of people to go through roughly the decade I was active here.

As with everything the journey is more important than the destination and I have met some really wonderful people throughout the years coming here. Don't silence the banter.

Best regards,
    FlyingFinn

P.S. Smurfy's still a buggering muppet

oi, I`m a buggering midget I`ll have you know, great times we had mate. i might not be great at gaming but I`m first class at getting angry quickly. Miss those day post divorce when I was carried through the wilderness of living alone by a merry mob of good people. LeV singing, Algare with his mono toned wit, Vapour , et al. I was actually guided here by Zorin, thanks to that man.

Well I leave for 8 measly years and the whole place falls apart!

I want to add to the chorus here that this place is something special. I drank beer with many of you back in 2007 and I made friends here whom I've kept up with on other platforms and continue to abuse. Thank you to Bone Head for oiling the servers for this many years.

I just want to say that I am still *completely shit* at all computer games and that FlyingFinn is, as always, annoyingly good.
    Getting shot down 60% of the time, everytime.

Its your fault its all gone wrong then, where were you

Steve is offline PHP Consultant To The Monkey More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Just wanted to say thank you. I was one of the gang that played CS under the BTZ clan way back when, and I was at the Stoke LAN in 2003 (I think, it was a long time ago...). Many many fond memories of hanging out in IRC all those years ago, and a great community of people that made up most of my game playing teenage years. I've not been too active as of late, but the memories will be with me forever.

Thanks Bone, and everyone who is a part of this great community.

Elmer Fudd is offline Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Hiya Steve, good to see you around.

Yup Stoke was August 2003, happy memories of playing with you and the guys on your Playstation eyetoy projected on a screen

Hi Steve

Is anyone doing anything team wise these days. I may be shite at most things involving shooting at a moving target but I thoroughly enjoyed being shite with you lot. What`s the state of CSGO these days?

Mysticpuma2004 is offline Sergeant Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Still here

Nov is your man Smurfy. I think he and porky still play Pub G or something. I prety much gave up when some bell end came along and spoilt the atmosphere like a bad smell

Have a look in steam if you have Nov as a mate

Novotny is offline Brigadier More Posts Than Postman Pat

WhiteSnake is offline Sergeant Major More Posts Than Postman Pat
    Came back here to see if it was worth buying Battle of Stalingrad now its on sale in Steam to play with you guys.

Never got IL2-1946 working good again due to the keyboard configuration in the menu for some reason giving me different keys in the game it self and i dont remember how i fixed it back in the day, otherwise i would have been still playing that game.

Dont know what i am gonna do now the Forum and Servers are coming to an end, was even thinking of buying IL-2 1946 from GOG to see if that would work properly, and if you guys where into Battle of Stalingrad to buy that now its on sale.

Really enjoyed playing Il2-1946 with you guys Hyperlobby and Teamspeak, never was any foul mouthing, always helpfull, and most of all a lot of fun to play with.

Thank you so much Bonehead for all your time and hard work you put into the Forum and Servers.

no worries, ive still got all the hardware there was just no one interested in using it LOL

There's a lot of old players in the new sim (BoS) it's quite different from the old though.

are people still creating maps these days or is it all just stock stuff?

Missions are created on the different servers, just like the old game, but it's not as simple to do.